On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net> wrote:
> his meaning of rudeness not to be the fist-in-your-face sort of
> rudeness, more the curtness of "RTFM". Maybe I was wrong.

Rudeness is only necessary when faced with rudeness, i.e. fighting
noise with noise, as David would put it. Really only if one has a
really difficult customer, who's looking for a fight or wants someone
to do their homework. And even then, "don't feed the trolls" applies.

Cynthia was not being rude, just asked a question: mixing Lua and C
when you're starting off is definitely starting at the deep end of the
pool and this requires due consideration.  It's often just a matter of
being a little careful with phrasing.