* cynthia powers:

> Thanks for all the rude replies. Is there another lua user-group
> email where one can ask a newbie question without being insulted as
> a lazy git?

I think you should just post more details about your problem.  It is
best to have short but complete and concrete example that exhibits the
problem.  I understand that this is difficult to achieve when you're
mixing C and Lua code, but you should try nevertheless.

That being said, your problem is likely unrelated to function
pointers.