On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:11:31 +0000
Lilo Lilo <hi9there54@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm new to Lua and to the list. I'm currently using the orbit command
> distributed with Orbit 2.1.0-1 (i.e. orbit [options]
> <application.(lua|ws)>) to start the hello.ws example.
>
> I cannot however reload (refresh) the browser display after I change
> the "Hello World!" message unless I stop and run the 'orbit hello.ws'
> or hello.lua command again.
>
> This behavior would not be handy in a development environment. Is
> there an option to get the Orbit application to refresh without
> restarting xavante using the above orbit command?

I'm not very familiar with Xavante, and I have no experience with
Orbit, but generally speaking, it seems that dynamic code
reloading in Lua would be pretty easy, and relatively safe (compared
to Python for example, where reloading is tricky because of broken
references). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

I've yet to mess with it, but it's on my list. It seems like Rob
Hoelz's linotify module and dofile would provide the necessary material
for a simple live-coding system on Linux.

So If I may hijack the thread a bit, from the specific to the general,
if anyone has any experience with reloading Lua modules please stand up.