The registry is just a table. Accordingly you can simply push it onto the stack for inspection from C and return it from lua. There is also a function in the debug library to do just that.

Matt

From: "Martin, Marcus" <mamartin@ea.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:15:37 -0800
To: Lua list<lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Subject: Lua Registry Question

I have an embedded Lua environment in an application. I have some C++ code that creates tables of data, adds the tables to the Lua registry, and releases the table from the registry when we are done with the table

I am pretty sure, that I am not releasing all references to some tables because I see unbound memory growth. Is there a way to monitor the growth of the Lua registry? How about any techniques or tools to help find where I am not releasing the tables correctly?

Marcus