I have an embedded Lua environment in an application. I have some C++ code that creates tables of data, adds the tables to the Lua registry, and releases the table from the registry when we are done with the table

I am pretty sure, that I am not releasing all references to some tables because I see unbound memory growth. Is there a way to monitor the growth of the Lua registry? How about any techniques or tools to help find where I am not releasing the tables correctly?

Marcus