[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] LuaJIT-2.0.0-beta1
- From: Steven Johnson <steve@...>
- Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:28:27 -0600
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:21 AM, Mike Pall <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Steven Johnson wrote:
>> Sure, I'll see what I can do. This is embedded in a pretty big program and
>> I think I've got meetings and such this week, so it might be a few days
>> getting around to it.
> The beta phase will take quite a bit longer than that. Take your
> time. :-)
>> I tried a run with a jit.off() call at the beginning and got similar results.
> Ah, ok. Looks like some problem with the Lua/C API calls then.
> Strange enough, but all of the key functions involved (module(),
> luaL_register, luaL_findtable etc.) are the few remaining ones
> that are still identical to the Lua codebase.
With a lot of shadow modules and dumps of the package table, I tracked
the issue down to before (modules look fine) and after (the nesting) our
middleware initialization call. I made an educated guess and added
_control87( _PC_53, MCW_PC ); immediately after that, and the game
is up and running. :P
So, this being DX9, I imagine the lack of D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE
reared its ugly head once LJ2 was already active. I'll see if I can attend to
that properly and will report back if my assumptions don't hold. If they do,
that's probably worth putting a big warning somewhere. :)