Steven Johnson wrote:
> I'm running into some issue with module() and / or environments. The
> attached file is a dump of the package
> table, just before an error gets thrown: "attempt to index global
> 'widgetops' (a nil value)".

I'm a bit stumped on that one ... does it work with the pure
interpreter (-j off)?

Anyway, I'd probably need a lot more context to analyze this.
Maybe you could try to reduce this to a minimal test case?

> Any ideas? What seems most odd to me is the change from before to
> after the luaL_register()...

Since this is a mix of Lua and C: have you checked that all your
luaL_check*() and luaL_opt*() calls do *not* use negative indexes?
Because that's an incompatibility in beta1 (patch posted to the list).

--Mike