On 2009-11-01, Mike Pall <mikelu-0911@mike.de> wrote:
> [..snip..]
>  The shootout site now shows LuaJIT 2:
>
>   http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32/benchmark.php?test=all&lang=all&d=data&gpp=on&java=on&luajit=on&v8=on&calc=calculate&box=1
>
>  As I've already said in a reddit comment:
>
>   Heh, it beats Intel Fortran on two numeric benchmarks (mandelbrot
>   and spectralnorm). :-)
> [..snip..]
>
>  --Mike

By beating Fortran in few instances and coming reasonably close to
C/C++ performance on numerics LuaJIT-2 is becoming a viable candidate
for heavy number crunching applications.

How difficult it is to add native Complex numbers to LuaJIT (C-99 compatible)?
By native I mean as little overhead over lua_Number as possible.

--Leo--