On Nov 1, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Mike Pall wrote:

I suspect this is doing many I/O calls (not compiled yet) or doing
a lot of string handling (the compiler is still a bit weak there).
There's still a lot of room for improvement ...

Yes on both count (io + string). Still very nice improvement at this stage :)

No, but you've either not installed the modules, e.g. lib/v.lua
installs to: /usr/local/share/luajit-2.0.0-beta1/jit/v.lua

Ah, yes, the module was not in the path. All good now.