On 29/10/2009 13:54, Patrick wrote:
When I was learning PHP, Python and now C/C++, one of the first things I
did/do was search for Python sucks, PHP sucks etc.

I fear I haven't seen the interest. Can you expand a bit?

Lua sucks actually comes up with few results

Can be because the language is great... or because it has too few users!
I prefer to think it is for the former reason... :-)
Looks a bit like language comparison based on number of tags in StackOverflow: are they numerous because they are popular? Or because they are problematic! :-D

the complaints are
rather silly

A quite common one is "this language sucks because it doesn't use soft braces {}"...
People are too used to C/C++/C#/Java/JavaScript/Perl... :-)
I still think having a flexible mind is a quality for a programmer... ;-)

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France