Rob Kendrick wrote:
On Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:50:44 +0100
Hans van der Meer wrote:

Now that I have NAS built around a Marvell 6281 (ARM x19 series)

I work with ARM daily, and "ARM x19 series" means nothing to me.  Can
you expand?

My last post may be exaggerating due to lack of clear information from Marvell and industry news, so I've checked the docs and news and this is to clear things up. :-)

Marvel does have an ARM license and all, but it also does its own cores, so maybe that's why one never sees the usual specific-core label, like "ARM9" or "ARM7TDMI". So, compared to other ARMs, these always seem to be conspicuously missing the particular family designations.

Well, ARM is pretty aggressive these days and I get the feeling that they desire more control in their war with the 800-pound gorilla. Good luck to them...

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)