Awadhesh Kumar wrote:
But in second call of disectors, udp length is coming null. I don't know for what packet this is being called?
Please help me in this regard.

I *think* the second call is a re-dissection of the packet, and I *think* the whole set of properties gets cleared out when a packet is re-dissected. Each packet is then freshly dissected. You can pick up properties when you chain dissectors or register as a postdissector. You might also be able to store some history in a global table, but I haven't tried that.

The Wireshark Lua API documentation is not complete - it's on their to-do list. You might be able to track down your problem by looking at the Lua interface code in the Wireshark distribution under epan/wslua.

Also, try trimming down your dissector to the bare minimum that shows the problem - including how it is registered with the UDP or TCP table - then post the full code (to the Wireshark list). My Wireshark dissectors are called whenever a new filter is applied and whenever a particular packet is selected. When I initially load a pcap file, it does not run twice. but only once.

I learned enough of the Wireshark Lua API to replace my binary C filter with a much simpler Lua one so I can move it easily between Windows and Linux. But I'm far from an expert.

As KHMan indicated, you'll have better luck contacting Wireshark Lua API people. This isn't such a bad place to look initially, I suppose. You might find a few here (I'm not one).

On a side note, I'd like to add some kind words of congratulations to KHMan. In the past I have seen more severe admonishments from you. I'm happy to see your patience has improved! :)

Doug

The information contained in this email transmission may contain proprietary and business sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.

Any technical data and/or information provided with or in this email may be subject to U.S. export controls law. Export, diversion or disclosure contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. Such technical data or information is not to be exported from the U.S. or given to any foreign person in the U.S. without prior written authorization of Elbit Systems of America and the appropriate U.S. Government agency.