Thanks for this and to the other poster as well who suggested the same thing. Very clean and I get it. FWIW one thing I was missing is that while you can return 3 values (f, state, var) to set up an iterator, you don't have to return/use all 3, which I guess is obvious, but somehow I missed it.

--
leb@iridescent.org