Hi,

thanks for great idea.
But I have problem with lua_State *  in my_callback fuction, because
it has only "int pos " as argument .
It's defined like :
typedef void (CV_CDECL *CvTrackbarCallback)(int pos);

And only way to pass stack to callback function is in global variable,
but this isn't so good technique as I hoped.

But yes sample code like this works.

lua_State *state;
char funcname[100];

void mycallback(int pos)
{
      lua_pushstring(state,funcname);
      lua_gettable(state,LUA_GLOBALSINDEX);
      lua_pushnumber(state,pos);
      lua_call(state,1,0);
}

static int luacv_cvCreateTrackbar(lua_State *L)
{
  const char *trackbar_name=luaL_checkstring(L,1);
  const char *window_name=luaL_checkstring(L,2);
  int value=luaL_checkint(L,3);
  int count=luaL_checkint(L,4);

  sprintf(funcname,"%s",luaL_checkstring(L,5));
  lua_pushstring(L,funcname);
  lua_gettable(L,LUA_GLOBALSINDEX);
  if (lua_isfunction(L,-1))
   {
      sprintf(funcname,"%s",luaL_checkstring(L,-1));
      state=lua_newthread(L);
    }
 else
    luaL_error(L,"luacv.cvCreateTrackbar(string trackbar_name,string
window_name,int value,int count, name of 'void func(int pos))'");

cvCreateTrackbar(trackbar_name,window_name,&value,count,mycallback);
return 0;
}

if  state and funcname are global variables, then it works. But this
way is limited to only one Trackbar widget per script.

Unfortunately I can't use lua_State  in mycallback as you wrote with
gpointer, because
cvCreateTrackbar function is platform depended. Depends on GUI you
use, including WinAPI.

With regards,
Jiri Prymus