Hello everybody,

I am an undergraduate student and on the course of Dedicated Operating Systems I must choose a theme for a implementation project in system software. I chose to research and implement some changes to the Lua virtual machine.

Thus, I would like to know what papers, or books, or tutorials you recommend me to read, and if there are documents describing the implementation of the virtual machine so I can study it. I downloaded the Lua source code, I saw the files related to LVM, but there's not MUCH documentation in the code, and everything I know about its functionality is what I read in articles about it.

I'm asking you because there might be a tutorial for those who want to start programming on the LVM itself.

Anyway, I'll be waiting for an answer.

Grateful, Alex.