I was able to create a UTF16 port of LUA for windows, by following the guidelines I found at http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2002-12/msg00021.html and the considerations from http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2002-12/msg00025.html. This is a version of LUA where all internal strings are UTF16 (wide characters) rather than chars, not a version with two types of strings like LuaState.

My question is on how can I verify my port works? Other than toy scripts I created, I'm looking for a comprehensive set of tests I can run in order to verify all important language feature were not broken...

Any ideas if such a set exists? How does the correctness of changes in Lua 5.1.xx is verified?

I saw there is an official test suite at http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/lua/lua5.1-tests.tar.gz but I'm not sure if (a) it should work on Windows and (b) it is supposed to work without considerable changes for my port. I'd appreciate feedback with someone which is familiar with it...

Thanks!
           Uri Cohen