I'm come to a situation, where to maintain readability for script writers but ensure fast code i want to parse lua code before it goes to the compiler.
The issue i foresee is that I'll essentially want to create user data in the Lua script.

So an example in Lua:
PostEvent("ButtonClick")
very readable, however strings...yuck

I want to create a hash of that string for speed:
PostEvent( 0xABC45678 )

All is good you might think, however the gotcha is that that we compile lua using a 32-bit float to represent numbers.
Internally that float will lose the precision and hence mess up the 32 bit constant.

Basically I'm looking for any suggestions, as i don't have any great ideas that don't add needless run time overhead.

Thanks,
Chris