Hi,

After a delay longer than most would want (but shorter than I was
expecting) LuaForge is getting up again.

As many have already noticed, the services are being restored one by
one and some are not functional yet. We already have the GForge web
interface running (which allows for downloads and issue tracking), the
project sites (project_name.luaforge.net) and CVS (pserver only).

These were the critical services to have back and we will keep
restoring the others during the weekend (and the Brazilian holiday),
meanwhile let us know about any problems found on LuaForge.

Unfortunately the data recover wasn't perfect and we lost some data
after Sep-13. This explains why some project are no longer on LuaForge
and why some users can't log in. For those impacted by the data loss,
my sincere apologies. All I can do is ask the involved to please
consider registering again the project and user accounts on LuaForge.

I'd like to express my sincere gratitude for Alessandro Hecht for his
incredible sprint to bring GForge from the ashes. It was a really hard
work done under significant pressure and he deserves most of the
credits for the recovey.

Big thanks to Paulo Fernando, Daniel Albuquerque and Rosa Ladeira for
their help with infraestructure.

A special nod to Jim Whitehead, Norman Clarke, Patrick Donnelly,
Fabien Fleutot and Fabio Mascarenhas for their help figuring out what,
when and how to do things during the crisis.

Last, but not least, thanks everyone for the patience and, again, my
deep apologies for those that were impacted by the data loss.

I'll keep the list informed about the site status.

André