> There is a world of difference between fully integrating Unicode into
> a grammar and making a patch to accept just any sequence of non-ascii
> bytes as an identifier.
>
> The discution here is not (or at least was not) about the former, but
> the latter. It would help to keep that in mind.

I saw two points being discussed:

1) how to do it, and
2) surely this leads to madness through glyph obfuscation.

The refs I posted were intended to show that (2) does not have to be
the problem people are making it out to be, with one example of it
working in the real world for two decades.  It would be foolish to
ignore real-world implementation experience in a discussion like this,
don't you think?

--lyndon