>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 10:48 AM, Francesco Abbate
> Talking about the graphical interface to plot function, yes it
> is definitely the missing feature. I'm planning to implement it but I'm
> lacking cruelly of time. My hope is that by publishing GSL shell in the web
> someone will be motivated to help me in this project.

It does not have to be complicated, nor does it require a full GUI
shell.  For instance, here's a pure Lua wrapper for GnuPlot:

http://luaforge.net/projects/gnuplot/

(I believe there are others, with various levels of abstraction)

So the point is that you would hardly have to write any code, and
definitely won't have to write any C !

'lacking cruelly of time'  is unfortunately so true for all of us!

steve d.