On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Yuri Takhteyev <yuri@sims.berkeley.edu> wrote:
> The nice thing about WSAPI is that you can _trivially_ switch between
> Xavante, proxied Xavante, CGI, FastCGI, etc. depending on what you
> have and what makes sense.

That is almost exactly one of the things I was trying to say earlier.

> If HTTP.lua+TCPServer is actually better than Xavante, then perhaps we
> should write an HTTP.lua launcher for WSAPI. It would take 20-100
> lines of code, and all the WSAPI-based apps can enjoy the benefits of
> HTTP.lua+TCPServer without any modifications.

I've used Nanoki before just for fun, and I do like its server. A
WSAPI launcher would be nice.

On a side note, I love how simple announcements and questions about
products on lua-l can turn into gigantic discussions on core
philosophies of language and application design. I also love how
people avoid flaming.

-- Leaf
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand
binary and those who don't."