> Technically Xavante is a library. :-) I attached a script that
> launchers orbit apps using just Xavante, without the need for the
> whole Kepler stack and configuration.

Sputnik does the same when running on Xavante. We call
xavante.start(), passing it a table that maps all paths to the same
handler function. The handler function then does the rest.

Alternatively, the exact same handler function can be trivially called
from a CGI script, which means you can run Sputnik on bare-bones
shared hosting providers like Dreamhost. Moving from Xavante to CGI or
FastCGI involves nothing more than changing an extension on a file.

 - yuri