Anthony Fairchild wrote:
On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Peter Cawley wrote:

    On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Anthony Fairchild wrote:
     > Setting my Lisp language
     > idea aside, I was wondering if this VM might be of any value to
    others, as
     > an alternative way to run Lua code in .NET?

    I'm sure that there would be many people who would appreciate a Lua VM
    in .NET as a simple way of adding Lua to .NET applications without
    having to call native code. The parser / code generator would also be
    useful, though I expect that somebody has written a Lua parser / code
    generator in pure Lua which could be compiled to bytecode and used to
    give the VM functions like loadstring.

Actually, I found this the other day, which is exactly that, Lua in Lua:

http://yueliang.luaforge.net/

W.r.t. to Yueliang, I haven't done the runtime/backend, but there is a Lua runtime by a Japanese developer. (The project name escapes me a.t.m. but it's in the mail archives.)

So in theory I can have a full Lua system in .Net if I can get this code to run in my VM. After I get all of the lua unit tests working I'll give it a try.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)