On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Peter Cawley <lua@corsix.org> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Anthony Fairchild
<fairchild.anthony@gmail.com> wrote:
> Setting my Lisp language
> idea aside, I was wondering if this VM might be of any value to others, as
> an alternative way to run Lua code in .NET?

I'm sure that there would be many people who would appreciate a Lua VM
in .NET as a simple way of adding Lua to .NET applications without
having to call native code. The parser / code generator would also be
useful, though I expect that somebody has written a Lua parser / code
generator in pure Lua which could be compiled to bytecode and used to
give the VM functions like loadstring.

Actually, I found this the other day, which is exactly that, Lua in Lua:

http://yueliang.luaforge.net/

So in theory I can have a full Lua system in .Net if I can get this code to run in my VM.  After I get all of the lua unit tests working I'll give it a try.