Stephen Kellett wrote:
Forth was abandoned because it was too hard to use.

I'd correct that to "hard to learn and get used to".
Lua has a very smooth access ramp. Forth hasn't.

Why go back there?
> I'm sure a die-hard calculator user will be able to tell me :-)

I guess I qualify as die-hard RPN user: for a pocket calculator I find it faster to use, more intuitive ;-) and much easier for undo/corrections.

I didn't use Forth in practice, but I know people who did with good results. I guess it's just a question of habit, convenience and discipline, as with any language.

  Enrico