John Hind wrote:
Argg! I am not normally a language bigot, but if there is one programming
language that ought to be banned it is Forth. It would certainly be a
Likewise, I was quite surprised at the interest in Factor, which is a Forth inspired language.

I do wonder if some of the more recent scripting/on-the-fly languages of the last few years, I've wondered if they get their following as some sort of "look at me, I'm using the latest shiny language" rather than the language is any good in the first place. Forth was abandoned because it was too hard to use. Why go back there? I'm sure a die-hard calculator user will be able to tell me :-)