On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Cosmin Apreutesei
> <cosmin.apreutesei@gazolin.ro> > For me, it's not a week that passes
> without making a new account on
>> some site, most of which I forget and have to make a new account
>> again. What's the point? Testing my motivation by torturing me with
>> these signup forms?
>
> Mostly these days sites want to know if you're a bot or not ;)
>
> I am amazed at the determination of spammers, that they will start
> attacking the most obscure forums.
>
> The Lua Wiki manages nicely.

The combined honeypots and re-captcha for anonymous edits seems to
keep all of the spam away from WowProgramming [1], and I've considered
adding a Mollom [2] plugin to Sputnik as well.  Whether or not we
require a login is really a detail to be considered before 'launch',
so we have a bit of time to think about it.

When I get back home today, I'll work on setting up a development git
repository.  The way I develop is by creating a repository that is
used to run the software directly on the web server, with a small
'install' script that lets you launch a development version of the
site on your machine without configuration.  This should allow for
really nice collaboration on the site as a whole.

In short, we'll see what we can come up with.

- Jim

[1]: http://wowprogramming.com
[2]: http://mollom.com