Possible? Definitely. Practical? I don't know ... Unless you can find a way to do other things in hardware too, like floating point operations (OK, this one isn't that hard), garbage collection, fast table accesses and others, the whole thing won't probably do much in terms of speed.

Best,
Bogdan

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 2:02 PM, Pierre LeMoine <yarr.luben@gmail.com> wrote:
2009/9/16 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br>:
>> Is there a good reference on what the lua compiler outputs for bytecode;
>> I'm interested in knowing what codes there are and their general mode of
>> operation.
>
> See a summary in
>        http://www.lua.org/source/5.1/lopcodes.h.html#OP_MOVE
>
> Also, use luac -l to see bytecode listings.

I've not looked into it(as i dont have a lot of free time), so i'll
just ask here; would it be possible to make a processor which executes
those lua-bytecodes, for example in vhdl? =)