Georgios Petsagourakis wrote:
My comment stems from the fact that there are quite a lot of people who are
using Windows, and really there is nothing we can do other than open the
code with a text editor and look at it unless we are into C programming.
Taking this as a fact implies that in order to script Lua, you need to be
able to program in C which blows away all the simple to use syntax concept
of Lua, that is the main selling point to non programmers

I think that's overstating the case a bit. Lua is quite usable out-of-the-box. Now, there may be some extensions that you'd like to use but not distributed in a pre-compiled form for Windows. If so, you can get yourself a compiler and learn how to compile them, or if nothing else you could pay somebody to do this for you. In either case, after you've done so, consider making them available for other Windows users. That's what "community" is about, after all.