On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:14 PM, David Manura<dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 11:06 AM, Rob Kendrick wrote:
>> What I don't look forward to is being forced to either use LuaRocks, or
>> write my own Makefile for something.
>
> Here's a prototype of a rockspec-to-Makefile converter:
>
>  http://lists.luaforge.net/pipermail/luarocks-developers/2009-September/001181.html

Along these lines, I've been working on a project to configure and
build C/C++/Lua projects that I'm about to release once I'm able to
get back on my Linux machine and make sure everything still works
there.  Here's a look at a configuration file example for luatask:

http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/projects/luaAV/browser/luamake/examples/projects/luatask.lua

The svn module:
svn co https://svn.mat.ucsb.edu/svn/luaAV/luamake

The actual script that executes the build process is about 50 lines of
setup code and 5 lines to load the project, build it, and install it:
http://www.mat.ucsb.edu/projects/luaAV/browser/luamake/build.lua

We're using this make system for our LuaAV project on Linux, which as
a large number of modules and shared library dependencies and other
custom behavior on installation such as copying resources to the
install location and the icon to a folder in /usr/share etc.

wes