On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:09:05 +0300
Cosmin Apreutesei <cosmin.apreutesei@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wish module authors would stop using make altogether and
> build/install only through LuaRocks. Let the build toolchain be
> controlled by the package manager, not some makefile that I eternally
> have to tweak between platforms.

Please, no.  LuaRocks makes me a sad panda.  Not to mention that it
hardly ever works correctly for me, getting it to spit out things
suitable for integration into other products is a pain.

I think I'd be happier if what LuaRocks was was a system for converting
a description of a Lua module into a package; so RPM, DEB, tar.gz,
Windows MSI, etc.

B.