----- Original Message -----
From: Jerome Vuarand
Date: 9/4/2009 6:42 AM
This all comes down to the fact that C don't allow embedding large
text files in programs easily, or that some people write Lua modules.
It's very nice that some people (like the Lua authors) take time to
write C modules when they could take less time to do the same in pure
Lua or a C/Lua hybrid, but as the language becomes popular and the
"level" of modules gets higher, doing it all in C is just too much
work.
This reminds me of a gripe that has been brought up before, but it bit me again the other day. Someone, please tell me I am doing it wrong.

I have a module that has a mymodule.lua file and a mymodule.dll. I want to require 'mymodule' and have it load both mymodule.lua and mymodule.dll. Instead, I have to have mymodule.lua require 'mymodule.core' (or something similar) and change the exported symbol to luaopen_mymodule_core, so that mymodule.dll can be loaded. This was a pain, because initially, there was only a mymodule.dll with the export luaopen_mymodule, and when I added mymodule.lua, I had to find the code for and recompile mymodule.dll with a changed export.

Is there a better way?

Josh