----- Original Message -----
From: steve donovan
Date: 9/4/2009 5:27 AM
On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 12:40 PM, John Hind<john.hind@zen.co.uk> wrote:

I wonder if it would be possible to make some kind of container file something like a zip where an exe file was executed and presented with a filesystem completely embedded within itself. Then you could put Lua and DLL files into that embedded file system and have them discovered and loaded using the existing Lua mechanisms ...

It's probably possible using zlib or something like that, but the
loader would have to be modified.  The DLL bit is tricky, since the OS
loader can't be so easily hacked. Would have to extract DLLs
automatically to a temp dir.

It is not an ideal solution, although I have used it for a number of things, but EEE seems to work reasonably well:

http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/eee/

Josh