On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:28 PM, Luiz Henrique de
Figueiredo<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Look at it this way: the Makefile is an executable documentation of how
> to build the module, one that works in the author's platform if not in
> several others.

This is true, except for the word 'documentation' ;)

I do wish the alternatives were not so complex and requiring a special
install (of several _megabytes_, in the case of CMake)

tolua++ is built with Scons, which is tolerable on Debian (just ask
the package manager) but would require a Windows user to grab Python.
So Windows people tend to build it by hand!
(http://lua-users.org/wiki/CompilingToluappWithoutScons)