On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 6:42 PM, Roberto
Ierusalimschy<roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>> Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
>> > The text that Roberto wrote for the introductory Lua course at JAI 2009
>> > is now available at
>> >         http://www.lua.org/doc/jai2009.pdf
>>
>> Looks nice, but I am not able to evaluate it properly ;( Any chance of
>> english translation? Altavista's Babelfish does not help much...
>
> I do not intend to do it, but if anyone volunteers it would be great.
>
> -- Roberto

I'd be happy to work on it, as long as I could get a little help from
a native Portuguese speaker to ask questions in case I get stuck or
misunderstand a phrase. I studied Portuguese for many years but am
still not completely fluent.

Roberto, would it be possible to get the source files so that the
translation could preserve the same formatting?

Regards,

Norman