On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:20 PM, Leaf Storm wrote:
> I've been working for 3 months on a project I call libmc, which is a
> library of random cool stuff for Lua that I got used to having in
> Python like string splitting, table mapping, etc.

Thanks for posting.

There have been a number of efforts in this direction [1].  For
example, there is a fair amount of overlap with Steve's recent
penlight [2], including pl.operator [3], pl.stringx [4], pl.tablex
[5], and pl.text.wrap [6].  I think it would be a good thing to try to
merge your work with his.  Knowledge of the functions that people have
added to their personal standard libraries is useful when designing a
shared standard library, and this overlap suggests that penlight is
moving in the right direction.

> For simplicity, it loads a good degree of
> them into the 'math', 'string', and 'table' standard tables, with the
> rest going in the 'mc' table.

The can be good or bad.  See "To Inject or not to Inject?" in [7].  It
has been previously discussed [8][9].

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/StandardLibraries
[2] http://penlight.luaforge.net/
[3] http://penlight.luaforge.net/api/modules/pl.operator.html