Hi Rob,

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Rob Hoelz<rob@hoelzro.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 12:29:05 -0400
> David Haley <dchaley@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lua,
>>
>> I'm having some trouble getting Pluto to work. I'm on x86_64, gcc
>> 4.3.3, with lua 5.1.4. (Is Pluto known to work on x86_64?)
>> <snip>
>
> I've had troubles using Pluto on a 64-bit system; if I remember
> correctly, I found that the string serialization/deserialization routine
> writes the string size out as an int, and reads it in as a long (or
> something along those lines), so that it's the same size on a 32-bit
> system, but not a 64-bit one.  If you'd like, I can send you a patched
> version I made; everything but live coroutine restoration seems to work.

Ah, so it's a 64-bit problem after all. Does it work out of the box on
32-bit systems? (All the computers I have access to at the moment are
64-bit, so I can't verify this myself presently.)

I would be very happy to get a patched version -- I don't need live
coroutine restoration (not at the moment, at least). Do you know what
it is about live coroutines that don't work? (Normally, Pluto can
handle them, right?)

Cheers,
- David