Hi Lua,

I'm having some trouble getting Pluto to work. I'm on x86_64, gcc
4.3.3, with lua 5.1.4. (Is Pluto known to work on x86_64?)

I got the most recent version of Pluto (2.4) here:
http://luaforge.net/frs/?group_id=31&release_id=1019

It compiled successfully (there were some warnings about casting
between pointers and ints). I ran pptest -- it seemed to work -- but
when running puptest, I get the following message:

attempt to call a nil value

I changed the Makefile CFLAGS to the following:
CFLAGS= -g3 -Wall -ansi -pedantic -I/usr/include/lua5.1 -Dlua_assert=assert

re-compiled, re-ran and got this:

$ ./puptest
puptest: pluto.c:1502: unpersist: Assertion `!inreftable(upi->L, ref)' failed.
zsh: abort      ./puptest

Am I doing something wrong? Please let me know if there's any other
information I should provide.

Cheers,
- David

p.s. I hope this message comes out in plain-text. I'm using gmail's
web interface (normally I use Thunderbird) and I think I told it to
send in plain, but we'll see... Sorry if it doesn't.