Peter Cawley wrote:
On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM, Duncan Cross<duncan.cross@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks again for this Peter...
Should now be fixed.

Great stuff, Peter, and clearly a lot of work. Thank you!

Your replacement of SETLIST by TUPLE and DETUPLE was a nice insight into how to achieve the goal. And as I scanned the diff, I noticed quite a few places where there were more leading '-' than '+' characters; that's always a good sign that you're on the right track. Of course the final product contained more '+' lines, especially when it came time to tweak the VM.

FYI, I put it through the tests at:

 http://www.inf.puc-rio.br/~roberto/lua/lua5.1-tests.tar.gz

It passed completely.

I had a little trouble with the expected strings for the interpreter tests (-i) in main.lua. Running "lua -i < prepfile > outfile" included echoes of the text from the prepfile, just as if they were typed by hand. I played around with how I was launching the test (shell prompt, shell script, emacs compile) but couldn't make it go away. I'm sure there's some tty setting that I need to make for it to work (I'm using Ubuntu 8.04). Any tips for this?

Since the code was clearly working and it seemed like there were only a few '-i' tests, I inspected each false negative by hand and commented out the checkout() calls one at a time.

Props to you, Peter.

Doug

The information contained in this email transmission may contain proprietary and business sensitive information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of law. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.

Any technical data and/or information provided with or in this email may be subject to U.S. export controls law. Export, diversion or disclosure contrary to U.S. law is prohibited. Such technical data or information is not to be exported from the U.S. or given to any foreign person in the U.S. without prior written authorization of Elbit Systems of America and the appropriate U.S. Government agency.