> I'm looking for a way to run a lightweight customizable interpreter in
> several terminals. The compiled script interchangeability would be a very
> good thing.
> Does Lua fit to my needs?

Most probably. If you have control of the architecture of the terminals then
it should be simple to modify lundump.c to cater for those. It's just a
lot of work to do it for *all* architectures. If the only difference between
architectures is endianness, then it's quite simple: I've posted a modified
lundump.c that handles endianness; search the archives. If you have trouble
finding it or adapting lundump.c to your needs, please get in touch with me
(em portugues mesmo, claro!)
--lhf