On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 8:34 AM, John C. Turnbull wrote:

> Does anyone know a performance comparison of JIT’ed Lua versus something
> like V8 JavaScript?  Lua has the reputation as the fastest scripting
> language (in fact that’s how I came across it) but does the JIT compiler
> used in modern JavaScript implementations like V8 greatly narrow the
> performance gap?

This was posted recently:
http://gmarceau.qc.ca/blog/2009/05/speed-size-and-dependability-of.html

It shows V8 being slightly faster than stock Lua, and noticeably
slower than LuaJIT.

As usual, take other people's benchmarks with a block of salt. The
only benchmark that matters is your own app.

Peter Harris