On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 11:27 AM, steve donovan<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> This current draft has a lot of editorializing, and far too many links
> to projects I've been involved in. Plus, there may well be outrageous
> errors.

i think this is a good thing to do, and might be a good starting seed;
but just glancing over it, found too many assertions that might be
correct in practice, but wrong in theory, or at least doesn't define
the concepts before using them.

maybe i wouldn't change much about it, just add a big fat warning
about not being an authoritative reference in any sense, and adding a
lot of links back to the relevant official definitions in the
reference.

personally, i do like the terse, precise and succinct language used in
the reference.  but that makes it not the easiest tutorial, so a FAQ
that explains the practical issues, and then refers to the reference
would be best.

--
Javier