If there's a more appropriate place to ask this, please let me know.
I've been using lua task to perform some work in a non-blocking manner
and at the same time I have some C++ code that I've made bindings for
that under the hood uses pthreads to load images from disk.  When I
use their lua task or my own threaded loader, I have no problems, but
as soon as I use both in one script, I get all kinds of memory
corruption, bad access etc. errors.  Does anyone know if there's
anything in lua task preventing the use of pthreads in other areas of
a program tat might cause this?  I'm at a loss as to how to debug this
problem because the section that cashes is not where the problem is.
I think memory is getting stomped on somewhere but haven't been able
to pin point it.

thanks,
wes