I just downloaded a free copy of the previous (5.5) version of e frontier's Anime Studio (previously named LostMarble Moho):
http://my.smithmicro.com/freeanime/
http://my.smithmicro.com/win/anime/index.html

I had the nice surprise to see .lua files in the installation directory!
Looking at the credit screen, I see they used some other fine stuff, like Anti-Grain Geometry and Ming.

Not sure yet how they use and expose Lua (looking further, it seems limited to the Pro version... :-( ) but I thought it was worth reporting it, as it isn't mentioned in the Wiki page (LuaUses).

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France