On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 6:54 AM, Philippe Lhoste wrote:
> Personally, I am too used to x() syntax so I frown when I see x () (but I
> separate keywords like if/for -- in C or Java) but I wouldn't have the idea
> to call that "wrong"!

The no-space form except for keywords/statements is a common
convention, even in other languages (e.g. [1]).  Many, though not all,
of the Lua Programming Gems use it.  Some mostly use it but follow the
Roberto convention of space inside declarations (which could be
consistent since that is not an expression).

[1] http://www.amazon.com/Perl-Best-Practices-Damian-Conway/dp/0596001738