Thomas Lauer wrote:
> The Lua short reference provides a concise summary of the Lua syntax and
> core libraries. I have just updated and uploaded another draft of the
> 5.1 version. This can be downloaded from either the lua-users.org wiki:

This is a major item and it needs public discussion.

When I found the PDF is hard to read I checked and there is a known
common problem, the chosen font does not work as intended across all
platforms.

The only solution of which I am aware is change to a more universally
acceptable font. None are perfect.

Unfortunately the issues is especially hard because it also has to print
universally and in small sizes.

I am not naming any fonts, let others argue over that.