My LuaJSON project is finally at a 1.0 release.

This marks the stabilization of the API of the encoder and decoder.
Additional 1.x releases will not break old application usage.

There are a great many changes since my 0.9 release announcement...
not to mention the schedule slipping quite a bit... so I'll
concatenate the 0.10 and 1.0 base release notes here.

I will also be posting rockspecs to be incorporated into the standard
repositories.

luajson v0.10 Release Notes
===========================

User Visible Changes
--------------------
This release changes the system quite a bit from previous versions in
that there is more configurability.  There still is quite a bit of strong
defaulting to make it accept more data formats and encode such that the
most strict decoder *should* decode it.

It is now possible to obtain wrapped-up encoders and decoders with options
"compiled" in.  With decoders this is particularly bound-up (LPEG patterns),
encoders take advantage of this with less closure-count.

Extended features of newer LPEG versions can also be used as they are
available, either via function detection or version # parsing.

New decoder features:

 * Single-quoted strings
 * Function-call decoding
 * Generic string management
   * String post-processing option
   * UTF-16 -> UTF-8 code decoding for "\uXXXX" from Emil Renner
Berthing by default (not req)
 * Handle extended UTF-8 spacing characters and BOF for inter-element spacing

New encoder features:

 * Function-call encoding
 * String pre-processing option
 * Fully modular encoding system
 * Encoding with similar option system as decoding

luajson v1.0 Release Notes
==========================

User Visible Changes
--------------------
This release marks the 1.0 release that has been in the works for
quite some time.
One of the major release items is detailed documentation and a
reasonably stable/
clean API.  Some features have been eliminated since they were not effective or
used.

Features removed:
 * Lax number handling... before this release, numbers with ugly definition were
   permitted, such as leading zeroes, multiple negative signs, ...
 * String post-processing... this feature was unused and appears to serve no
   useful purpose.  Removing it made unifying encoding/decoding options simpler
 * Adds global pre-processing to handle arbitrary conversion of values during
   encoding.

Changes:
 * String escape codes updated to match what the JSON spec uses for encoding

Additions:
 * Add optional \x00 character encoding to handle encoding single bytes
 * Custom output stream functionality to create optimal output mechanisms
   that can stream JSON output.

GitHub Release:
http://github.com/harningt/luajson/tree/1.0

LuaForce Project with release: