>> I must confess I am currently stuck. I think LPEG should support Unicode
>> (through UTF-8), but I have no idea what "to support Unicode" means :)
>
> P(1) needs to turn into

It seems there needs to be a clear distinction between "raw char" (given
that lpeg is quite usable for binary data) and "unicode char".

Making P(x) count utf8 chars would certainly be convenient for people
reading utf8 files, but... it doesn't seem the cleanest thing in
general....

-Miles

--
Mayonnaise, n. One of the sauces that serve the French in place of a state
religion.