On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 12:45:40 +0200
Jerome Vuarand <jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some experiment to make use of multiple cores in benchmarks has been
> conducted by people on the #lua IRC channel on freenode a couple
> months ago. I don't remember how it ended up though, you can go there
> ask them.

I adapted Mike Pall's mandelbrot implementation to be (very) crudely
multi-process, and submitted it.  It's a near linear speedup, and it's
quite a bit faster than even some of the compiled languages, IIRC.

(Saying that, the monothreaded version was already faster than the
multithreaded Perl implementation.)

<http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/u32q/fulldata.php?test=mandelbrot&p1=lua-6&p2=lua-6&p3=lua-6&p4=lua-6>

(Lua #6)
--