[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Request for ./?/init.lua in the default package.path
- From: Henk Boom <henk@...>
- Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:53:14 -0400
2009/5/28 David Manura <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:42 PM, M Joonas Pihlaja wrote:
>> Can Lua 5.2 have ./?/init.lua in the default package.path?
> Or remove the init.lua thing entirely .
>  http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2009-04/msg00389.html
I'm in favour of removing init.lua as well, mainly for the reasons in
the first half of this link (which was linked to from David Manura's
1) supporting init.lua does not ensure a clean root lib directory,
since there will always be top-level modules which do not need to be
in a subdirectory.
2) given that having init.lua does not solve any problem (see 1), it
is best to take the simplest and least confusing approach.